Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Those last 10 lbs.

You know, when I weighed 187 pounds, I thought I only needed to lose 10 pounds. When I weighed 165 for a few years, I thought the same thing. Ditto thoughts when I was 150…It’s funny how we can become comfortable with our weight. It’s also interesting how our perspective can change, as well as our standard.

I bought into the lie. You know the one, “The older you get, you just naturally are going to gain weight, especially after children…just expect to hold onto the weight…embrace the fat.” But I don’t think I ever truly bought into it, which is probably one reason I’ve wanted to lose “those last 10 pounds” for 15+ years and a roller coaster of 45+ pounds up and down.

I’m ready to get off this ride!

I am tired of living in a state of “the last 10 pounds” whether it’s really just 10 or 5 or 40 or 130. I just don’t really want to always wonder what I could have felt like or if I really could have attained it.

Yes, I mean I’d like to maintain a healthy weight through healthful eating and exercise. A healthy body image and an actual healthy body, in my opinion, go hand in hand. You can’t truly have one without the other, I don’t think.

Now don’t get me wrong…just because somebody has a great body physically doesn’t mean they have a healthy mind. And, someone could be completely comfortable in their own skin at 400 pounds, but it doesn’t mean their heart and joints and vital organs aren’t compromised.

The point of this post is I just think our brains are interesting…to say the least. I mean, to think that my brain and my eyes had a disconnect at some point, namely what I see in the mirror, what I think about myself, what the scale says, what weight I think I could be happy at…I think it’s all very interesting.

I’m excited to share some powerful things that God put on my heart last night regarding hunger and satisfaction, but I don’t have time right now…I have a date with my husband in the basement to do our P90X of the day.

(Case in point about the scale and weighing each day...today I am 144.8. The thing that was different was I didn't have my allergens the last two days...do you know what your food sensitivities are? You probably don't if you are eating them regularly.)

No comments:

Post a Comment