Saturday, March 10, 2012

Salad for Breakfast, or Anytime!

Who says you can't have salad for breakfast?  I just made this salad below and it is by far one of my all time favorite!  I hope you take the time to make it for yourself in the near future.  And when you do, put it on a beautiful plate or in a pretty, large bowl, sit down on an actual chair for 15 minutes, and tastw it!  I ate it in a 100 year old bowl handed down to my husband from his Great Great Grandma.  It's an old Blue Ridge.  Anyway, the point is to slow down while you eat so you are actually conscious of the fact you are giving yourself nutrients!  It's worth it, and your body will thank you for chilling out and taking a break from the fast pace.

Enjoy!

TAKE TIME TO LOVE YOURSELF BY FEEDING YOURSELF REAL HEALTHY FOODS!

  • On a bed of Romaine lettuce:  
  1. 1/2 of a mango, diced
  2. 1/4 cucumber, seeded and diced
  3. 2 green onions, sliced
  4. 1 Tbsp toasted raw pumpkin seeds (I did this in a hot mini iron skillet so they were good and fresh...)
  5. 6 or 8 baby organic carrots
  6. 2 ounces smoked salmon (I picked this up at Costco after I got suckered into a walk-by tasting...SO STINKING AWESOME!)
  • Dressing, stir together in a small bowl, then drizzle over:
  1. 4 Tbsp Hot Chipotle Frontera salsa (You know, from Rick Bayless...)
  2. 1 Tbsp flax oil
  3. 3 drops Stevia
  4. Dash garlic powder 
I also posted this on my Recipe page, so it'll always be there when you have a craving for something delish!

Tonight we are going to a friend's house for dinner.  I'm taking these.


Enjoy!  Have a beautiful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment