Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Busy Bee

Why is it that kids won't share their toys or licks of their ice cream cones but when it comes to germs, they share, share, share?

Ryan got the nasty nose/cough/fever/aches 2 weeks ago.  The last few times he's been sick it has settled in his chest.  Let's just say we've hung out a lot in the steamy bathroom this winter.

I, of course, am his mom, and knew it was a matter of time...it's hard not to kiss him, so I don't hold myself back...

Em got it second.  Thankfully her bout was pretty mild.

I got it third and am downing:  Wellness Formula, Vitamin C, EmergenC, Umcka, Chlorophyll, homeopathic respiratory tinctures, probiotics, with a swig of NyQuill here and there.

Today when I redeemed my birthday pedicure my left eye was watering like the floodgates of Heaven.  I really hope the guy, due to our language barrier, didn't think I was so moved by his leg massage and the new found smoothness of my feet that it had actually moved me to tears.  Left sided tears, that is...

Anyway.  I've been really working on eating 3 meals a day.  And for the most part, due to a lack of creativity and a super time crunch, I pretty much just eat 3 salads with lots of veggies and some meat on them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  I've come up with some winners.  Others were for sure losers.  I'll share the winners when I have more time.  But NOT snacking, even on healthy snacks, has been a tough habit to change...

Last week I didn't weigh in because I didn't feel like it.  And I had my period.  Which is why I didn't feel like it.  But I went below the 140 mark again, so that felt good.

I won't be weighing in on Friday of this week because I'm headed out of town early tomorrow morning.  I felt like I should tell you this because, well, I just didn't want to be a slacker, that's all.

I'm craving sweets lately, trying to stave it off with dates and figs.  This works, especially since dates are so darn sweet, but it's still sugar, and I, for one, need to watch my sugar intake.  It doesn't work, staving it off that is, when I don't actually stave it off with dates and figs but instead make my hubby and kid a 1/2 batch of gluten free rice krispie treats that I help them polish off.

So, did I mention now Jason is sick?  And this sucks because I'm leaving town tomorrow morning through Sunday and he's the man in charge.  Thankfully the kids have already been sick so they won't be getting it again, but if you think of it, say a prayer for the guy as he single parents, works from home, and has a head full of snot.  Sweet.

But FOR SURE, he is husband of the year.  HANDS DOWN.  He knows how passionate I am about what I'm doing and he worked his schedule so I could go...

This is what I've been up to and what I'll be working on in Minneapolis over the weekend.  I'm headed there to meet an amazing volunteer group of women who are already praying for this endeavor!  More to come on this!  (The website isn't complete as there are a couple of pages yet to be published, but it gives you an idea of the overall vision and dream...)

I'm excited but have been so anxious all day that all I've wanted to do is eat.  I've chugged hot tea most of the day instead...

And for those of you who know me, it's definitely my M.O. to be typing a blog post at 10pm prior to leaving for a trip in the morning when I should be packing...because I work best under pressure...but I do need to go pack, so see ya!

*When you are stressed, or in a time crunch, what do you do to try to avoid it?  Or do you just tackle it head on?  Any tips or advice would be welcomed :)


1 comment:

  1. hi friend, i'm so glad you commented on my post so i could find you here. i really appreciate your authenticity and transparency. bless you. e.

    ReplyDelete