Friday, March 2, 2012

Out of Whack

Some things are skew in my body, but I'm on the hunt to get to the bottom of it. 

Along with a few other friends, I am eating clean through Lent, but in truth, that doesn't mean a lot to me.  Lent means a lot to me, I don't mean that.  I mean, the time frame.  I like to eat clean 95% of the time because of how I feel, so when Easter comes around, I'm not going to go back to wanting to eat poorly, but, it gives me a time frame to walk with other friends on their journeys to health and healing, and enjoy their encouragement in return.

In the meantime, I'm discovering more and more about my body and how certain foods just aren't cut out for me...and that's okay...it's just a matter of NOT choosing them.  And I've done well for a week now, minus the Frontera Chips episode

Oh wait!  Last Saturday I went to High Tea at the Brown Palace with Emily, my little sister, her mother-in-love, and my mom to celebrate my mom's official diagnosis of being a "Breast Cancer Survivor."  I emailed ahead and requested gluten-free, but knew there would be egg, dairy, and sugar in most of the goodies, either way...and that I'd likely pay for it.  As a result, I literally gained 7 lbs in one day (I know a majority of it is water, but the fact is, when your body retains that much water after a simple tea party that the next lady didn't pack on the weight from, well, it's pretty clear my body is saying, "No way, Jose!  Stop giving me processed ANYTHING!") 

Funny how I could forget we went to tea, but my hubby has been out of town for over a week and so this week has been a blur...

Anyway, I'm teetering on this balance beam between frustration and doing this one day at a time.  I feel like my body is a bit out of whack and I KNOW when I'm in a clean eating routine those symptoms virtually disappear...it's just a matter of time in continuing to eat clean, distancing myself from having eaten poorly.

Symptoms.  I've had some newer symptoms lately are bugging me, so all the more reason to keep choosing clean.  One is a weird chemical taste in my mouth after I eat.  This could be the taste of detoxing my system.  Another, which I've had lots of in the past is my hip is totally flared up which means it's popping like corn in a hot kettle...it basically feels like fire in my hip.  And finally, I've been having more bouts of light headedness and some dizziness, which has become more frequent.  (Sheesh, how old do I sound?!)  So, hopefully these will pass as I continue to eat clean. 

And by "clean" I mean, nothing processed, no sugars, no dairy, no grains.  Lots of veggies, lean meats and fish, and some fruit, nuts and seeds.  Basically Paleo, and trying to eat the majority of my fruits and veggies RAW. 

So, if for some crazy reason I can't get myself cleaned up on the inside and healthy by Easter, I'm taking drastic measures...

...not sure what that means, but I know I want to grow old like this lady.


1 comment:

  1. Right there with ya. My body must be so out of whack too! Girl I have so many of the same symptoms as you do. I too experience the dizziness and lightheadedness, the hip prob's. AS well as all the stomach issues we have emailed about before. I really need to get on a better diet plan. Thanks for being an inspiration to me. Lori

    ReplyDelete