Friday, February 24, 2012

Dear Rick Bayless...


Dear Rick Bayless,

You really should make tortilla chips that suck.  Since you currently do not make tortilla chips that suck, namely the thick ones or the thin + crispy ones, there are times in my salty craving weakness where I am so tempted that I chuck the blood work which tells me I am sensitive to corn, and eat one quarter to a third of one of these bags of Satanic carbohydrates.  I do blame you for making such great chips, but I am in counseling and I know better than to blame you for them making their way from the store to my car to my cupboard to my counter to a bowl to my crunchy salt craving lips...and you guessed it, eventually to my hips.

For that I take full responsibility.  Let's just say my husband is lucky he's out of town...corn consequences on day two isn't pretty!

Mr. Bayless, your other products don't suck either.  They totally rock and jazz up my chicken and shrimp recipes pretty much once a week.  We are total fans of yours, including my 9 year old daughter who is aspiring to be a world class chef one day.

Thank you for your time!


Signed,

Adrienne Graves, Confessions of a 2nd Grade Closet Eater of really yummy Rick Bayless Frontera Chips, Authentic Mexican, Handmade, Taqueria-style, 100% Natural

(No I am not getting an endorsement from Rick Bayless or Frontera Foods, Inc. for writing this blog post.  However, if they do get wind of it and want to send me something for the mention, tell them not to send chips but rather that Jalapeno Cilantro Salsa...the chips make me fat and I. Can. Not. Resist.)

#thedevildidn'tmakemedoit  #ichosetoeatfoodthatisbadforme  #gonnafeelgreattomorrow  #nervouseating  #makinghealthierchoicesoncethebagisgone

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you need to live somewhere there's not so many choices and those choices are far away :) How's that 'stach btw? Love you friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the old mustache has been swept away :) And your are right...I need to move to, like, the hills of Mongolia, where my life is free of 1st world lame problems! #snapoutofitadrienne! Love you, too!

      Delete