Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Made for Greatness!

One reason I am so passionate about conquering this addiction is the time and energy that is spent on any one given day. 

I have wasted so many years of my life wishing I was skinnier or had thighs like her or a flat belly!  It's frustrating and I'm not going to let it run my thoughts anymore!

I know that when God designed me, and when He designed you, He had greatness in mind.   
Greatness!  
And, He designed us in a way, like Himself, in His image, to live and love BIG!  

He intended for our hearts to be consumed with love, our minds to enjoy peaceful thoughts and our bodies to move and function in total health.  And, this not only for ourselves but so that we could encourage others.  Imbalance and stress or overemphasis in one area or another causes us to get out of whack.  Random examples:  instead of love we hold onto offense, allowing bitterness and resentment to build up in our hearts...then our minds follow suit and it's all we can think about, how so and so hurt us and we'll never let them forget it...and then, that offense hardens our hearts and literally builds up in our bodies manifesting itself in so many different ways, ie. over-eating or eating junk, addiction, not taking care of ourselves, even obsessing about weight loss/management or exercise, etc...all things that can lead to disease...all things that are self, self, selfish.

No.  Nope.  Nosiree.  When God made me I know He made me for greater things than food addiction and self-loathing!  It's so interesting, really...you see, I believe we are tempted or slyly lured away by the Devil by things that are the opposite of what we were made for or how we are meant to impact our world.  Example:  My name is Adrienne.  It means "Rich, Bold and Confident" however, looking back at different seasons in my life, I have struggled with insecurity, poverty of heart, and never feeling like I am good or pretty enough.

If you ask any one of my closest friends what my passion in life is they would answer, "Adrienne LOVES women and wants to see them know just how in love God is with them!"  If you don't believe me, call this number:  867-5309.  Just kidding.  Not so sure my friends want their cell numbers posted in the blogosphere.  Anyway.

But seriously. 

I believe that if I keep on allowing myself to be side-tracked with food addiction and its effects, I will be side-tracked from doing what I was meant to do and what I love to do most:  ENCOURAGE WOMEN!

Now, I love the guys, too, don't get me wrong, but High School is the earliest memory of really wanting to encourage and inspire women to be who God made them to be.  So, I go with it.  I know there's someone else out there wired with the same passion to encourage and challenge men towards greatness, so I'm not worried about them missing out :)

So, there you have it...the driving force behind my desire to be healed and free!  I've pissed enough of this life away on this topic!  It's like I'm Eve, stuck at that damn tree with the frigging apple dangling in her face! 

Move away from the tree, Adrienne...and move on to bigger and better things!

No comments:

Post a Comment