Once dias. (pronounced, "Own say" and "dee oz")
Uno, dos, tres, quatro, cinco, seis, siete, ocho, nueve, diez, once...
20 years ago on my honeymoon I was so friggin' insecure about my body I was self-conscious in my bathing suit...and not in my bathing suit, but that other "suit" that starts with a "b." Now, 20 years later, I love me. It's been a journey, for sure, but I'm so much more comfortable in my own skin and confident in the woman God created me to be. All that being said, I still want to be one sassy hot woman for my man in Espana...and for me!
Soooo, I selfishly want a support group, and would be MORE THAN EXCITED to also cheer you on.
It's simple. Nothing extreme or long, and yes, we are approaching a weekend and have one more before we leave the morning of the 12th, but this is what I'm thinking:
- Starting August 1st, Move every. single. day. Doesn't have to be long, just walk, bike, swim, Zumba, run, whatever, just move our bodies.
- Drink only water.
- Eat boat loads of COLORFUL veggies and lean proteins and good fats 90% of the time.
- Eat one to two pieces (servings) of fruit before 2pm.
- Lift heavy things or do resistance training 3-4x in those 11 days. I'll be doing weights and squats and lunges, push-ups and pull-ups...
- Do Yoga or some really great stretching at least 2-3x in those 11 days...I have the P90X Yoga and a Rodney Yee one hour video...
- Journal how we feel, leave comments here (I'll post on weekdays for accountability's sake), ask questions, cheer one another on...or we can make a Facebook page, instead, let me know, too, called "Operation Hot Naked" I mean, "Operation Hot Spain"...even if you aren't going to Spain with me and Jason, and all...Or it could be called, "Clean Streak" or something catchier...thoughts? It's only 11 days...
What does the 90% mean? That means, 6 out of 7 days, love our bodies in a way that our food choices have to do with giving our bodies a source of energy and strength rather than "rewarding it" or "comforting it" with food that has multiple ingredients or comes from a box or bag...and on the one day of the 7, eat one or two meals where we just don't worry about it. We can feast, but listen to our bodies and see how we feel after a whole week of eating well.
So, I'm NOT a mathematician, but basically in the next 11 days, 3-4 of our meals would be "free" and this usually works best for me, at least, on weekends, and includes a little wine and chocolate, obviously.
*I was already doing this challenge with my sweet friend who is going on her anniversary trip to Alaska at the end of August, but with it right around the corner, I'm all about team and cheering one another on...and selfishly leaning on YOU so I can stay strong!!!
Anybody? It's short! It's doable. AND IT WON'T HURT YOU!