Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Not Soon Enough...

Seriously, my counseling appointment tomorrow can't come soon enough.

Ironically, one of my favorite books is "One Minute of Margin," however I do not have one minute of margin to even read the thing to find out how to create more margin.  You see, I leave it in the bathroom where, before I had a toddler, I had more than a minute of margin to sit and unwind and take care of business.  Now, I hold "having to go potty" until I can hold it no longer and then run to the bathroom, get in and out quick, and run back out to monitor any toddler damage.

Today I am overwhelmed and just want chocolate.  This is annoying.  This overwhelm was triggered by a parent/teacher conference last night, but I don't feel like getting into it right now...

I need to cut things out of my life.  I need to cut people out of my life.  I need to scale back.  I need to say "no" and realize that if "no" received by someone else is fatal for them, that's their deal, not mine. 

Random thought here:  Maybe "scaling back" is manifested in my life by getting rid of excess fat through dieting?  Results.  Like how I love to purge closets and drawers in my house...hmmmm?

Anyway, who knows but what I do know is there isn't a clean surface in my kitchen, the dog follows me around all day doing upward/downward dog motions, I can't pee in privacy anymore and next to having a non-profit that is my passion and dream, the ideas and half-finished docs for a book, having a jewelry business that is a creative outlet for my frenzied mind, and being a wife and mom, it seems like I have to cut something out.

Let's see...it can't be wife.  It can't be mom.  I can cut out my jewelry/creative outlet, but then I'll retain stress.  (Retained stress = large consumption of chocolate)  And so, it seems like the very thing I've been designed to do, my passion and dream to encourage women and really get my non-profit rolling is the thing I have to put on the back burner, again, and that makes me sick to my stomach and causes my throat to tighten just thinking about it.  I can't even see the screen right now b/c my eyes are all juicy.

I need to go take a deep breath and throw something, anything, away...

Question:  Have you ever felt like you were made for something but that very thing is the thing you have to keep putting on hold? 

3 comments:

  1. Totally get this. Remember, you're in a season. Sometimes it feels like these seasons last forever, but one of these days you'll have the space to move forward with other dreams. In the meantime, you have been given the wonderful gift of motherhood. There's nothing else out there that will match it. And you're doing a beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kaysie! You rock! I take it you are resting and recovering by catching up on blogs :) Hope you are on the upswing, my friend! Praying for a complete healing in that back of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know how I long to be married? How want to be a loving partner to someone? And how I can't right now? It hurts like that...wanting something I know is good but knowing that I have to keep waiting to see my dream come true. So yeah, I get it. Stinks for now. Will you please let me know how tomorrow goes? I love you. And your bat wings that you don't have anymore!

    ReplyDelete