Thursday, June 14, 2012

Breaking Up Isn't Hard to Do



You are so inconsistent!

I can't believe I've invested so much time and emotional effort in caring about your opinion of me.

I ask you one simple question and you give me, easily, 5 different answers in a matter of seconds.

And even if you are right, I have other ways of learning what I want to know instead of seeking your thoughts on anything anymore...

You have not been a good friend.  Yes.  You have been there for me for a good 25+ years.  Sure, go ahead and claim you've been a constant in my life.  But a good friend, not by a long shot.

Sure, you've told me the truth at times.

But your truth is so distorted...and I allowed your thoughts about me to control my thoughts about me.

No more.

We are finished.

I know the truth about myself, but more importantly, I know the opinion of the One who made me, and He's crazy in love with every fiber of my being.

I see my own reflection.  I know my new found strength.  Those are real muscles, with actual definition, and I feel good about me.  I feel healthy.  I weigh approximately 639, not pounds but muscles...and with all the strength inside of me, I'm breaking up with you.

You are no longer important to me or invited into my life to define me.

I'm kicking you to the curb.

See you later, Scale!  Adios.  Goodbye!  Ciao!  Sayounara!  Hasta la bye bye!  You are no longer my boss.


1 comment:

  1. I hope this means you're getting rid of your scale...I don't own one and I don't want one. I do, however, weigh myself about every 3 months at the gym or if I find myself at the doctor's office (rare) because it's also easy to talk myself into believing my pants have shrunk and not my waist is getting wider.

    ReplyDelete